Rasuwagadhi Hydropower Company Limited
Rasuwagadhi Hydropower Company Limited (RGHPCL) is a subsidiary of Chilime Hydropower Company Limited (CHPCL) and was incorporated in August 2011 as a public limited company. It has planned to develop a new project - Rasuwagadhi Hydroelectric Project (RGHEP) having capacity of 111MW in Rasuwa district of Central Development Region.
The cost of the project is estimated to be NRs. 13,684.20 million excluding financial cost. A 50:50 debt-equity structure will be employed for financing this project.
The company will manage the debt requirement of the project from the Employer's Provident Fund (EPF) for which tri-partite loan arrangement has been signed between EPF, CHCPL and RGHPCL on 2068/08/22. The equity investment will be made through 51% promoter share and 49% public share. Chilime has 33% shareholding in RGHCL. The promoter share will be raised first then after public share.
The Share Structure of the Company
|Type of Project:||Run-of-River (ROR)|
|Design Discharge:||80.00 m3/sec|
|Gross Head:||167.90 m|
|Headworks:||Diversion Weir with Undersluice and Side off lake Intake|
|Desander type and size:||Underground, 3–Chamber of size125m x15m x12m|
|Tunnel Length & Size:||4203m, Circular section of dia, 6m|
|Turbine Type, Orientation & No.:||Francis, Vertical Axis & 3 Nos.|
|Unit Capacity:||38.50 MW|
|Generator Unit Capacity & Nos.:||3 phase Synchronous AC, 3 x 43.75 MVA|
|Installed Capacity:||111 MW|
|Annual Salable Energy:||613.875 GWh|
|Dry Energy:||84.318 GWh|
|Wet Energy:||529.557 GWh|
|Transmission Line Length/ Voltage:||10 km,132 kV Double Circuit up to Chilime Hub|
- Detailed project report of the project has been completed.
- Construction of Test Adit tunnel to investigate the geological condition of the underground powerhouse is in progress
- The EIA report has been approved from the Ministry of Environment.
- Land acquisition process is in progress to acquire land required for this project.
- PPA has been signed with NEA on November 14, 2011.
- The tri-partite loan agreement for the construction of project has been signed on 8 December, 2011 between RGHPCL, CHCPL and EPF.
- RGHPCL has planned to start the construction of RGHEP by January 2013 and targeted to complete the project by the end of December 2016.
- Request for proposal (RFP) for the selection of Consultant is in progress.
- Pre-qualification and tender document preparation is going simultaneously to construct RGHEP in EPC model.