Madhya Bhotekohi Jalavidhyut Company Limited
Madhya Bhotekoshi Jalavidhyut Company Limited (MBJCL) is a subsidiary company of Chilime, registered as public company in july 2010. MBJCL has planned to develop Middle Bhotekoshi Hydroelectric Project (MBKHEP) with an installed capacity of 102 MW in Sindhupalchowk district of Central Development Region.
Tri-partite loan agreement has been signed between EPF, Chilime and MBJCL for debt portion. The equity investment will be made through 51% promoter share and 49% public share. Chilime is a leading company with 38% share.
Key Features of the Project
|Type of Project:||Run-of-River (ROR)|
|Design flow:||50.8 m3/sec|
|Gross Head:||235 m|
|Headworks:||Gated Weir Type with Undersluice and Side Intake|
|Desanding Basin Type & Size:||Surface, 100 m(l) x 13 m(w) x 8.5 m(h)|
|Tunnel Length & Size:||7124 m x 5.7 m(w) x 5.7 m(h)|
|Powerhouse Type & Size:||Semi-underground, 52 m(l) x 15 m(b) x 25.5 m(h)|
|Turbine:||Type, Orientation & Number|
|Unit Capacity:||Francis, Vertical Axis & 3 Nos. 36 MW|
|Generator Unit Capacity & Nos.:||40 MVA & 3 Nos.|
|Installed Capacity:||102 MW (3 x 34 MW)|
|Annual Salable Energy:||542.2 GWh|
|Dry Energy:||83.7 GWh|
|Transmission Line Length/ Voltage:||4 km/220 kV|
STATUS OF THE PROJECT
- PPA has been signed with NEA on 14 th November 2011.
- Financial closure has been completed.
- The project is scheduled to start construction by January 2013 and targeted to complete the project by the end of December 2016.
- Request for Proposal for consulting services from shortlisted firms have been submitted and evaluation is going on.
- Pre-qualification of construction companies for Lot-1 (Civil and Hydromechanical works) EPC contract is going on.
- Tender document preparation is in progress.
- Detailed Project Report has been completed.
- Hydrological measurements at headworks and powerhouse site is being continued.Surface geological investigation including drilling in headworks and powerhouse as well as sub-surface exploration with ERT has been carried out to determine the geological condition in the key structure locations.
- EIA study of the project is in final stage.
- Land acquisition process is in progress to acquire land required for the project.
- Test Adit is being constructed by Himal Hydro Construction Ltd.